The DP-03 is the latest Portastudio in TASCAM’s 37-year progression of making recording simple and affordable for musicians. The 8-track digital recorder captures your music at CD quality to affordable SD/SDHC cards, and a 2GB card is included with the recorder. With built-in microphones, effects, mastering and CD burning, the DP-03 provides everything musicians need to record and share their music.
A pair of stereo condenser microphones is built into the front panel of the DP-03, helpful for capturing a rehearsal, live performance or songwriting ideas. Also included are a pair of high-quality XLR microphone preamps with phantom power for condenser microphones. 1/4” line inputs are also available, and an instrument-level switch allows you to record a guitar or bass without a direct box. A three-button footswitch, the RC-3F, is available for control and punch in.
Routing the inputs to one of the eight tracks is simple, and you can record two at a time until you fill up all eight. A tuner and metronome are built-in for tight-sounding tracks, each with its own dedicated button for quick access. Track can be edited with commands like copy/paste, silence, clone track and undo. Bouncing is also available, even bouncing all eight tracks down to one or two. There’s even the option to import a recording through USB or audio CD.
- 8-track Digital Portastudio with CD Burner
- Records to SD/SDHC Card media
- Import audio tracks from CD
- Built-in stereo condenser microphone
- Two XLR microphone inputs with phantom power
- 1/4" stereo line inputs
- Switchable instrument-level input for guitar/bass direct recording
- Multi-band mastering effects
- 2-band EQ per track
- Internal reverb processor with dedicated send per track
- Chromatic Tuner and Metronome
- Track editing, autopunch and bounce features
- Optional RC-3F footswitch offers three switches for punch-in and transport operation
- Compact and lightweight
- Dimensions: 11.4" W x 2.1" H x 8.2" D
- Weight: 4lbs
Each track has its own send to a stereo reverb processor as well as two-band shelving EQ. Once you’ve perfected your mix with the 45mm faders, pan knobs, reverb and EQ, record it to the dedicated stereo master track. Your mix can be processed with mastering effects like EQ and limiting for a tight, modern sound. When you’re satisfied, transfer your mix to a computer over USB 2.0 or burn an audio CD.